Wednesday, June 01, 2005

c***u***nt radiologist


c***u***nt radiologist
Originally uploaded by jamesandthebluecat.
Statham's badge, because if a swear word if funny in series 1, there's really no point changing it for series 2. That's Mark's hand, but I didn't take a photo of his actual face as A) it seemed slightly unprofessional as we were in a meeting and B) he didn't have his moustache on, so I didn't want to ruin the magic.

Continuing the childish swearing for which GW has become renowned, I am delighted to say that the GW A-Z of Filth song has made it into series 2, as conceived and polished by Ori and performed by... well, that would be saying. But it's been filmed, and is both extremely rude and fits the scene, which isn't something that always happens. So well done Ori.

That's not quite it for GW2 writing, as filming goes on for months yet, and we'll all possibly be popping back for a few days here and there. But the majority of it seems to be done, and I'm working on some new stuff now (which came as a relief, as up until two weeks ago the end of GW2 writing signified a looming great future of nothingness). So I'm writing some treatments for a kid's horror anthology series, more about which I cannot say at present*, and have done some sample scenes for a new C4 series that's like the Monkees, only with girls. Who wear a lot less. In my scenes anyway.


*Although I can say that one of the horror ideas is about puppets (huzzah!) and the finished script has a good chance of containing the direction: 'PROSCENIA SMITH looks longingly at an orrery'. After that, I probably ought to just retire, as there will be no worlds left to conquer.

UPDATE: GW RICHARD says: "Completely contrary to the generous spirit Oriane showed in crediting the team with the original version of the sweary song; I'd just like to point out that the c***u***nt badge idea was mine. MINE MINE MINE!
Richard x"



15 comments:

BiScUiTs said...

This is going to sound slightly mad, but I just love the picture. You've made my day James. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I am, as ever, stunned by your sparkling celebrity links James. Imagine, you could make hundreds of c***u***nt radiologist badges, they could become the official mark of a GW fan...

Anonymous said...

Those and 'Mac's Team' badges. Though actually they never got made in the first place...

Anonymous said...

irony in motion, what an excellent idea! All we need is a master badge-maker now...

Fizzy good said...

"PROSCENIA SMITH looks longingly at an orrery" is definitely today's Funniest Thing. Have a garibaldi.

cello said...

The Monkees was the only TV series prior to Green Wing to have caused me a near fatal crush. I can be forgiven for that one, because I was only fourteen. And, now I come to think about it, it was also for a classically trained musician with strawberry blonde hair. Damn, I hate to be so predictable.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I really ought to have something better to do.

Bearded Lady said...

can i just say that i re wrote a song with Mark that the whole green wing writing team wrote as a group effort following an idea i had - right i think thats cleared that up nicely

Anonymous said...

that really is amazing, and i never knew thta the badges were actually made for the show.


That may make quite a bit of money on eBay in the future!!

Anonymous said...

James, would you object if I quoted your blog in an essay?
Thanks,
Kirstie.

James Henry said...

Um, as long as it's not the bit about my dad's hilarious made-up racial epithets, no, that's fine.

Anonymous said...

Thanks James - I've avoided anything about your Dad, honest! I am only quoting bits that reflect you in a good light. Kirstie.

Anonymous said...

Completely contrary to the generous spirit Oriane showed in crediting the team with the original version of the sweary song; I'd just like to point out that the c***u***nt badge idea was mine. MINE MINE MINE!
Richard x

Bearded Lady said...

i know that, i told everyone in my blog that ages ago - short memory - i think i refered to you as a genius.
x

Anonymous said...

I know you knew; I just wanted to be generally childish on an internet. Thanks for reminding me about the 'genius' comment, I shall print it out and stick it in the window.
Rx